Embassy of India
Indian Participation at ADEX 2023 and India-RoK Defence Industry Seminar
An Indian Pavilion was inaugurated by Ambassador Amit Kumar at the Seoul International Aerospace and Defense Exhibition (ADEX)-2023 held from 17-22 Oct. Around 550 defence firms from 34 countries showcased their products in Seoul ADEX-2023.
2. Several Indian Defence Public Sector Undertakings (DPSUs) including Gliders India Ltd (GIL), Armoured Vehicles Nigam Ltd (AVNL), Mazagon Dock Shipbuliders Ltd (MDL), Troops Comforts Ltd (TCL), Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL) showcased their latest and cutting-edge products/ technologies.
3. The Embassy of India also organized an India-Korea Defence Cooperation Seminar in collaboration with Korea Defence Industry Association (KDIA), the Society of Indian Defence Manufacturers (SIDM), and Changwon City Industry Promotion Agency.
4. Ambassador Kumar in his inaugural remarks acknowledged their valuable support in organizing the Seminar and highlighted the changing defence industry landscape in India, Defence Corridors in Uttar Pradesh and Tamil Nadu, and called on Indian and Korean companies to explore potential tie ups. Mr. Byung-ro Choi, Vice Chairman of Korea Defense Industry Association (KDIA), ROK delivered the keynote address at the seminar, highlighting the immense potential for cooperation between the two nations in defence production.
5. CEOs of participating DPSUs, delegations from Uttar Pradesh Defence Industrial Corridor (UPDIC), Society of Indian Defence Manufacturers (SIDM) also provided an overview of the advances made by India in the field of defence production and held an interactive session and engaged almost 60 potential partners from ROK.
6. In addition, B2B meetings were also organised wherein 28 Korean companies participated and discussed a wide range of topics related to defence industry and niche technologies collaboration.
7. This year is a special milestone as India and Republic of Korea are celebrating 50 years of their diplomatic relations. The two countries had a very intense calendar of bilateral engagements so far this year. President Yoon and PM Modi have met twice this year in Hiroshima on the sidelines of the G7 Summit in May and in New Delhi during the G20 Summit in September. They comprehensively reviewed our bilateral relations and agreed to further widen and deepen the Special Strategic Partnership including defence industry cooperation.
8. The participation of Indian companies at ADEX-23 is an important step in promoting awareness about the defense ecosystem in India and enhancing engagement between defence industries of the two countries.